Welcome, Kishan Paul, Meredith Bond, Aubrey Wynne, Valerie Twombly, Kris Calvert, Katie Stephens, Nessie Strange, Isabella Harper and Michaela Miles, authors of Love Least Expected, an anthology published by Valerie Twombly.                              

Hi, Vicki and Coffee Time Romance. Thank you for having us on your blog today.

Love Least Expected:  Nine Stories—One Happy Ending.
When love drops in unexpected, the strangest things can happen. Nine short stories from sweet to sultry, full of romance, magic and love from award winning and USA Today recommended authors.

Under The Mango Tree: (Historical Romance) by Meredith Bond. Lakshmi is a good 18th c. Indian girl who should not be hiding among the branches of the mango tree avoiding her chores. She truly should not be seen by a man who is not a member of her family–an Englishman, no less. And she absolutely should not even contemplate speaking with this man. But Lakshmi has never been one to follow the rules.

Rolf’s Quest: (Historical Romance) by Aubrey Wynne. Time is running out for the royal wizard of Henry II. Rolf’s quest: find genuine love and lift the enchantment that has imprisoned his ancestor, Merlin, for centuries. Now he must win Melissa’s heart without the use of magic. She desires him, but will she defy her family and refuse her betrothed? Or will Rolf be doomed to a life of bitterness like his ancestors before him.

Fall Into Darkness: (Paranormal Romance) by Valerie Twombly. Eli, bounty hunter for the Tribunal, is sentenced to earth to find his humanity. But when temptation is thrown in the angel’s path in the form of the soft curvy Ashley, he is unable to resist. Fate may bring them together, but desire could bond them for eternity.

Alphabetical Disorder: (Fantasy Romance) by Katie Stephens. When a trick horseback rider gets caught up in a dangerous prophecy that jeopardizes the circus, she believes she can solve the problem by dating alphabetically. Now all she has to do is figure out how to manipulate her flawed interpretation so she can be with the man she loves.

Roses Are Wrong, Violets Taboo: (Southern Romance) by Kris Calvert. When Alexander Chase Tabeau and Rose Westwood meet by chance, neither planned on stumbling into the best night of their life. But timing is everything and fate has a cruel sense of humor. With love on the line and nothing to lose, will one night together change their destiny forever?

Love’s Not Viral: (Contemporary Romance) by Nessie Strange. When a crazed Hollywood star puts Aster Sanderson in the media crosshairs, her home becomes a prison. With her life out of control, the last person she expects to rescue her is her captor’s brother, James. Is their attraction a result of circumstance…or could it be something more?
Taking The Plunge: (Contemporary Romance) by Kishan Paul. When Pete, Eve’s high school crush, shows up in her life, she pepper sprays him. Despite her efforts to push him away, Pete finds himself drawn to the red haired beauty. When logic and emotion don’t agree, which path should she follow?

The Trouble With Never: (Southern Romance) by Isabella Harper. When Summer and Caleb run into each other after a long absence, sparks fly. Her painful past makes it hard for her to open up, but he’s more than willing to help. He’s loved her most of their lives. Can she learn to love and trust him, or will her fears push him away.

Keep Calm And Eat Chocolate: (Contemporary Romance) by Michaela Miles. When institution residents Elle and Chris meet, their personalities clash. During a quiet moment in the garden together, secrets are shared and a bond is formed. Will their connection be their downfall or lead to the fresh start they deserve?

What is the hardest part–drafting, editing, research, or marketing? Why?
Definitely marketing. I’m just not good with writing snappy descriptions of my books which is really the key to good marketing. Tell me to write five pages or ten and I’m good. Ask me summarize my story into 140 characters and I’ll sit and weep (for about a minute and then work at it for about twice as long as it would take me to write the ten pages). — Meredith Bond

How is it working with hot guys and sexy women all day? More challenging that it sounds. It’s easy to get a story idea then waste a few hours googling “inspiration” images (that’s my story and I’m sticking to it!) but creating a scene, a chapter, a story, takes a lot of time and effort, no matter how nice the eye candy.– Michaela Miles

Be honest, when reading…do you put yourself in the heroine’s role? I’m a pretty invested reader, so the short answer would be: yes.  Absolutely. Call me masochistic, but I want to know what she’s thinking and feeling, even if her heart is breaking. When an author can pull me into a story so deeply that I seamlessly find myself in the story, I absolutely love it. It doesn’t hurt if the hero is hunky and makes me swoon either… — Isabella Harper

Is writing or story-telling easier for you? For me storytelling is easier than writing. With writing, you have to be more aware of the words you use, the flow, etc. Things have to be written and then re-written and then edited. With story-telling, you’re able to focus on the more exciting part of the story, the action, the romance.  But on the flip side, I get more satisfaction with writing. Being able to step away and read what I wrote and think “I like that,” it’s a feeling I can’t even try and describe. -– Kishan Paul

What’s the first thing you do when you finish writing a book? When I finish a book I always think back to Misery, by Stephen King (one of my favorite authors) where his romance author, Paul Sheldon smokes one cigarette in celebration of finishing a manuscript. When I type The End, I smile for about fifteen minutes and then I begin to panic. No wonder Paul Sheldon smoked after finishing his book, he knows it’s just the beginning. It usually makes me think I should take up smoking. That being said, I consider being “finished” when my writing partners have told me what they think of the book and I make adjustments accordingly and my two talented editors make me look good. At that point the new book is ready to hit the market and only then do I begin to celebrate.– Kris Calvert

What dreams have been realized as a result of your writing? Meeting some of my favorite authors. I was so freaking excited to have dinner with Rebecca Zanetti last year at a convention. Also to meet Laura Kaye in person and have her recognize me from Facebook was simply too much! — Valerie Twombly

What will always make you smile, even on a bad day? That would have to be my children. They have a way of doing or saying something sweet just at the right time and making me forget all my problems, if only for a few minutes. — Michaela Miles

A good book. Truly. I’m a writer, but I’m also a reader. Especially on the worst days, if I pick up an exciting paranormal romance or a wonderful Regency with a good mystery twist, I’ll soon be relaxing and moving into a better place. — Meredith Bond
What drew you to write in the genre(s) you do? Historical romance. I have always been fascinated with the past. As a kid, I devoured the old movies. The dramas and private eye shows seemed so much more dramatic in black in white. But it was Gone With The Wind that started me down the path of historical romance. In sixth grade, my mother took me to the theater to see Gone With The Wind. The film was touring the country for its anniversary. The moment I saw Clark Gable, it was all over. I bought the book and read it that summer–envisioning Clark throughout the story.

By the time I was an adult, I read anything set during WWII or earlier. I imagined myself as the heroine and chose the film star (past or present) who best fit the description for my hero. Then I kept him in my head as I read the story. Now I’ll fill you in on a secret. My crush while writing this was Clive Owens. As you read Rolf’s Quest, see if you have the same vision for my sexy wizard. — Aubrey Wynne

What has been your most rewarding publishing moment? There are 2. The first would be when you receive that first offer. Nothing puts you on a natural high like knowing someone likes your work and thinks it’s good enough to publish. The second would be the fans reactions. Having people who love what you write and follow all your work is a reward that keeps on giving every single day. — Valerie Twombly

Speed Round:
Favorite Color: Katie Stephens: I embrace them all.
Favorite drink? Kishan Paul: Coffee
Favorite movie: Isabella Harper: Dirty Dancing
Favorite accessory?Kris Calvert: always pearls
Thank you, ladies of Love Least Expected, for being with Coffee Time Romance and me. I wish you much success.

Find Love Lease Expected at:

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/loveleastexpected

Find Love Least Expected at:
Amazon: http://amzn.com/B00PMOM9NA

iBooks: https://itunes.apple.com/us/book/love-least-expected/id942101190?mt=11&uo=4

Pin It on Pinterest

Share This